Orange County News
Panga boat lands at Crystal Cove, 24 arrested
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Twenty-four people were arrested Thursday morning when a panga boat was spotted near Crystal Cove State Park in Orange County.
Twenty men and four women landed on the beach in a 25-foot-long panga boat, an open-air wooden fishing boat with a single outboard engine. The incident occurred at 4:30 a.m.
Panga boats have been involved in drug runs into California in the past, but authorities say there were no narcotics found Thursday.
All 24 people were taken into custody.
The U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency was investigating the incident.
orange county news
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists'
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants