Orange County News
Wedding ring accidentally sold at garage sale returned
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. (KABC) -- An Orange County woman's plea for help was finally answered when strangers returned her $23,000 wedding ring.
It all started when Racquel Cloutier, who was about to give birth, took off her wedding ring for safekeeping.
"Whenever you're pregnant your fingers start to swell so I thought it'd be a good idea to take it off," said Cloutier.
She put it inside an empty watch box in a closet.
While she recovered in the hospital, her husband Eric sold the box at an annual neighborhood yard sale for $10.
Lucky for Cloutier, the buyer gave the box to her daughter and son-in-law, who found the ring inside.
Cloutier is now reunited with her beloved ring, and thankful for the kindness of strangers.
"I don't think I'll be taking it off anytime soon," Cloutier said.
orange county news
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 31 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery 20 min ago
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 14 min ago
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital 27 min ago
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)