Orange County News
Sponsors help 30 Children's Hospital of Orange County patients go to prom
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Several sponsors are helping dreams of going to the prom come true for cancer patients at Children's Hospital of Orange County.
About 30 patients in the oncology unit were fitted for prom dresses Saturday. The patients each got to pick out a designer prom dress, an accessory and make-up free of charge, all thanks to the sponsors.
"This is really exciting, and to be able to have a free dress provided by a premium dress company, that's awesome," said Samantha Bower. "It's a really nice experience for my first time."
The prom will be held June 29.
charity, orange county news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke