Orange County News
Sponsors help 30 Children's Hospital of Orange County patients go to prom
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Several sponsors are helping dreams of going to the prom come true for cancer patients at Children's Hospital of Orange County.
About 30 patients in the oncology unit were fitted for prom dresses Saturday. The patients each got to pick out a designer prom dress, an accessory and make-up free of charge, all thanks to the sponsors.
"This is really exciting, and to be able to have a free dress provided by a premium dress company, that's awesome," said Samantha Bower. "It's a really nice experience for my first time."
The prom will be held June 29.
charity, orange county news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks