Orange County News
Sponsors help 30 Children's Hospital of Orange County patients go to prom
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Several sponsors are helping dreams of going to the prom come true for cancer patients at Children's Hospital of Orange County.
About 30 patients in the oncology unit were fitted for prom dresses Saturday. The patients each got to pick out a designer prom dress, an accessory and make-up free of charge, all thanks to the sponsors.
"This is really exciting, and to be able to have a free dress provided by a premium dress company, that's awesome," said Samantha Bower. "It's a really nice experience for my first time."
The prom will be held June 29.
charity, orange county news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 55 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies 45 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video