Orange County News
Woman seen on camera taking dog from Tustin home
TUSTIN, Calif. (KABC) -- A family in Tustin is offering a reward for the return of their dog. They said their white Maltese-Poodle mix was taken from their home by a woman in broad daylight. The incident was captured on home surveillance video.
"We did figure that she was going to turn her in or knock on the door later on or next day or so, because it is the proper thing to do," said Sergio Camacho.
But that never happened. Instead, security cameras mounted on the home shows the woman parking her car along La Colima Drive around 5 p.m. She then walks up the Camaho's driveway following the dog, Bubba-Lulu, towards the house. The next thing you see is the woman walking away with the dog under her arm.
"It took her about three minutes to grab her and take her and vanish with her in her little Honda car," said Camacho.
The woman can be seen driving off in a Honda with a left front fender replacement, and at least two wheel covers are missing. Fabiana Ramirez was the first to discover what happened to the family pet after checking the home's security video.
"I was shocked," said Ramirez. "I was surprised. I said, 'How can somebody just do something like that?'"
The family has posted fliers throughout their neighborhood. They are also offering a $2,000 reward for Bubba-Lulu's safe return, no questions asked.
"Whoever she is, we just want our dog back. We will not press charges, we just want our dog back," said Camacho.
For 7-year-old Amanda Camacho, her heartbreak is evident in the poster she made for her beloved companion and best friend. Coupled with the photos are the tears she drew alongside the words, "We really miss you."
"I really loved her, and I really miss her," she said.
Anyone with information about Bubba-Lulu's whereabouts can contact Fabiana Ramirez at email@example.com.
animal news, caught on tape, orange county news, leticia juarez
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 21 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour