Orange County News
Fullerton bicyclist struck, killed by FedEx truck
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A female bicyclist was struck and killed by a FedEx truck in Fullerton on Thursday.
The accident was reported to police around 2:18 p.m. at the intersection of Nutwood Avenue and Ladera Vista Drive. The victim, believed to be in her early 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
Police say according to witnesses, the girl was travelling eastbound on Nutwood Avenue approaching Ladera Vista Drive, as the delivery truck prepared to turn left onto Nutwood from northbound Ladera Vista Drive.
Police say the driver of the FedEx truck did remain on scene and was cooperative. The intersection was closed for an investigation.
The cyclist has not been identified, pending notification of kin.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation. Anyone who may have witnessed the accident is urged to call Fullerton police at (714) 738-6813.
orange county news
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 2 min ago
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations 5 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- TSA expands Pre-Check screening program in LA 51 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds