Orange County News
Fullerton bicyclist struck, killed by FedEx truck
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A female bicyclist was struck and killed by a FedEx truck in Fullerton on Thursday.
The accident was reported to police around 2:18 p.m. at the intersection of Nutwood Avenue and Ladera Vista Drive. The victim, believed to be in her early 20s, was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
Police say according to witnesses, the girl was travelling eastbound on Nutwood Avenue approaching Ladera Vista Drive, as the delivery truck prepared to turn left onto Nutwood from northbound Ladera Vista Drive.
Police say the driver of the FedEx truck did remain on scene and was cooperative. The intersection was closed for an investigation.
The cyclist has not been identified, pending notification of kin.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation. Anyone who may have witnessed the accident is urged to call Fullerton police at (714) 738-6813.
orange county news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 40 min ago
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 19 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Oxnard residents burglarize home 26 min ago
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder 44 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail 34 min ago
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan 50 min ago
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months