Orange County News
Orange deadly shooting: Victim, suspect had romantic relationship
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- The female suspect and victim in the fatal Orange shooting were romantically involved, according to a family member.
The daughter of the victim, 44-year-old Jennifer Roberta Solorio, told Eyewitness News that her mother and the suspect, 35-year-old Jessica Gonzalez, were involved in a romantic relationship for 13 years. She said the two were having problems recently, but she does not know what possible reason Gonzalez would have to resort to such violence.
Police say Gonzalez, from Santa Ana, shot and killed Solorio outside an apartment complex in Orange Thursday around 3 p.m.
According to court documents, both women have lengthy criminal records. Solorio in 2006 pleaded guilty to unlawful possession of a controlled substance and receiving stolen property. Her criminal past goes back to 1998, including charges of perjury.
Just two weeks ago, Gonzalez pleaded not guilty to charges of burglary and theft. She was released on a $25,000 bond. She has also been convicted of numerous drug related charges in the past.
Gonzales is 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs about 90 pounds. She was last seen wearing black sweatpants and a black long-sleeve shirt. Police said Gonzales is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information was asked to call Orange police at (714) 936-1204.
shooting, orange county news, eileen frere
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 33 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains 46 min ago
- Small plane lands on NB 241 toll road in OC 1 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis