Orange County News
Disneyland worker accused of sexual assault may have more victims
WESTMINSTER, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators say a Disneyland worker accused of sexually assaulting an 11-year-old female relative may have more victims.
Orange County deputies arrested 45-year-old Bryan William Anast of Corona last week at Disneyland, where he worked behind-the-scenes as a machinist on the park's rides.
The alleged assaults happened on at least four occasions between 1997 and 2000 at locations including Yosemite National Park, Garden Grove and Stanton. The relative reported the alleged assaults to the Orange County Sheriff's Department in May.
A Disneyland spokesperson says Anast did not have face-to-face contact with guests and has been terminated.
Anast was arraigned Monday. He is charged with four felony counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and one felony count of possession of child pornography.
If convicted on all counts, he faces a maximum sentence of 63 years to life in state prison and mandatory lifetime sex-offender registration.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information, or anyone who believes they are a potential victim, is asked to contact the Orange County District Attorney's Office at (714) 347-8794.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
orange county news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Gorman brush fire near full containment 9 min ago
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation 28 min ago
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 12 min ago
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report