Orange County News
Sewage spill spurs San Clemente beach closure
SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. (KABC) -- A sewage spill Tuesday has forced a beach closure in San Clemente.
Until further notice, 600 feet of Mariposa Street Beach is off limits for swimming and surfing.
Officials say a sewage overflow from an apartment complex Tuesday is to blame. They estimate up to 65 gallons of sewage may have reached the ocean through a storm drain.
Two days of clean samplings of ocean water are required before the beaches can reopen.
pollution, environment, orange county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 23 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire 43 min ago
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster 36 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident 46 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg 51 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Highway dedicated to detective Jeremiah...
42 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
14 min ago