Orange County News
Missing Dana Point woman's former boyfriend arrested, indicted in disappearance
SAN DIEGO, Calif. (KABC) -- A retired Marine has been arrested in the disappearance of his former girlfriend, who went missing after the two moved to Panama.
Brian Brimager was arrested and indicted by a federal grand jury Thursday in San Diego in the disappearance of Yvonne Baldelli.
Baldelli went missing in November 2011 when she left a restaurant with Brimager. Prosecutors believe he killed Yvonne Baldelli two months after they moved to Panama and dumped her body in the ocean near their cottage.
Brimager has not been charged with murder, but he does face obstruction of justice charges involving alleged actions to cover up the crime.
Investigators say Brimager sent emails to Baldelli's family and withdrew money from her bank account to make it look like she was still alive.
If convicted on all counts, Brimager could face life in prison.
missing person, arrest, orange county news
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state 11 min ago
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians