Orange County News
Hazmat crews investigating intense Buena Park fire
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators are trying to figure out what caused an intense fire that brought hazmat crews to Buena Park.
The blaze broke out in an industrial area in the 6700 block of 8th Street at around 11:30 p.m. Sunday. Firefighters responded to the rear of a business and saw heavy smoke and flames from behind the building.
Officials say wood pallets and five 55-gallon drums were burning. Hazmat teams are still trying to figure out what was in the drums.
Crews knocked the fire down in about 15 minutes. No injuries were reported.
Arson investigators were working Monday to pinpoint the origin and determine the cause of the fire, Orange County Fire Authority Battalion Chief Anthony Espinosa said, adding it is possible fireworks could have been involved.
Anyone with any information on the blaze was urged to contact the Orange County Fire Authority at (714) 573-6000.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, orange county news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 5 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 34 min ago
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 41 min ago