Orange County News
Hazmat crews investigating intense Buena Park fire
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators are trying to figure out what caused an intense fire that brought hazmat crews to Buena Park.
The blaze broke out in an industrial area in the 6700 block of 8th Street at around 11:30 p.m. Sunday. Firefighters responded to the rear of a business and saw heavy smoke and flames from behind the building.
Officials say wood pallets and five 55-gallon drums were burning. Hazmat teams are still trying to figure out what was in the drums.
Crews knocked the fire down in about 15 minutes. No injuries were reported.
Arson investigators were working Monday to pinpoint the origin and determine the cause of the fire, Orange County Fire Authority Battalion Chief Anthony Espinosa said, adding it is possible fireworks could have been involved.
Anyone with any information on the blaze was urged to contact the Orange County Fire Authority at (714) 573-6000.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fire, orange county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 36 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere