Orange County News
Huntington Park teacher charged with sexually assaulting relative
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are looking for more potential victims of a teacher accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old female relative.
Jeffrey Jones of Huntington Beach has been charged with two felony counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and one felony count of continuous sexual abuse. The alleged assaults happened between September 2012 and May of this year.
The crime was first reported to the Huntington Beach Police Department in May. After an investigation, Jones was arrested at his home on June 27.
Jones, 53, has been teaching for at least 27 years, and investigators believe there may be more victims. At the time of the crime, Jones was teaching advanced placement English at Libra Academy in Huntington Park. Jones previously taught at Bell High School in the city of Bell and Gahr High School in Cerritos.
If convicted on all counts, Jones faces a maximum sentence of life in state prison and mandatory lifetime sex offender registration. He is being held on $1 million bail.
Anyone with information is urged to call Huntington Beach Police at (714) 536-5995.
arrest, sexual assault, sex crimes, orange county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break