Orange County News
Huntington Park teacher charged with sexually assaulting relative
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are looking for more potential victims of a teacher accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old female relative.
Jeffrey Jones of Huntington Beach has been charged with two felony counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and one felony count of continuous sexual abuse. The alleged assaults happened between September 2012 and May of this year.
The crime was first reported to the Huntington Beach Police Department in May. After an investigation, Jones was arrested at his home on June 27.
Jones, 53, has been teaching for at least 27 years, and investigators believe there may be more victims. At the time of the crime, Jones was teaching advanced placement English at Libra Academy in Huntington Park. Jones previously taught at Bell High School in the city of Bell and Gahr High School in Cerritos.
If convicted on all counts, Jones faces a maximum sentence of life in state prison and mandatory lifetime sex offender registration. He is being held on $1 million bail.
Anyone with information is urged to call Huntington Beach Police at (714) 536-5995.
arrest, sexual assault, sex crimes, orange county news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 34 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 51 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 35 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M 12 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'