Orange County News
Huntington Park teacher charged with sexually assaulting relative
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities are looking for more potential victims of a teacher accused of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old female relative.
Jeffrey Jones of Huntington Beach has been charged with two felony counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and one felony count of continuous sexual abuse. The alleged assaults happened between September 2012 and May of this year.
The crime was first reported to the Huntington Beach Police Department in May. After an investigation, Jones was arrested at his home on June 27.
Jones, 53, has been teaching for at least 27 years, and investigators believe there may be more victims. At the time of the crime, Jones was teaching advanced placement English at Libra Academy in Huntington Park. Jones previously taught at Bell High School in the city of Bell and Gahr High School in Cerritos.
If convicted on all counts, Jones faces a maximum sentence of life in state prison and mandatory lifetime sex offender registration. He is being held on $1 million bail.
Anyone with information is urged to call Huntington Beach Police at (714) 536-5995.
arrest, sexual assault, sex crimes, orange county news
- Echo Park apartment fire kills 2, injures 2 8 min ago
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- '12 Years a Slave,' 'Hustle' lead Globes noms 6 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate