Orange County News
100+ arrested in Newport Beach on Fourth of July
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Police in Newport Beach arrested more than 100 people who were partying a little too hard on Fourth of July.
Authorities say 123 people were taken into custody in Newport Beach, and most of the arrests were related to public drinking.
More than 50 others were arrested in Huntington Beach and Hermosa Beach. Hermosa Beach police said there were 141 citations, and most were for having open containers in public areas and for having alcohol on the beach. They responded to 367 calls.
Those who were arrested were jailed until they sobered up. They could face fines.
The Fourth of July holiday draws thousands of people to the beaches every year.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, holiday, orange county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged 47 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour