Orange County News
100+ arrested in Newport Beach on Fourth of July
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Police in Newport Beach arrested more than 100 people who were partying a little too hard on Fourth of July.
Authorities say 123 people were taken into custody in Newport Beach, and most of the arrests were related to public drinking.
More than 50 others were arrested in Huntington Beach and Hermosa Beach. Hermosa Beach police said there were 141 citations, and most were for having open containers in public areas and for having alcohol on the beach. They responded to 367 calls.
Those who were arrested were jailed until they sobered up. They could face fines.
The Fourth of July holiday draws thousands of people to the beaches every year.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, holiday, orange county news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter