Orange County News
Mission Viejo Peeping Tom commits lewd act, leads wild civilian chase
MISSION VIEJO, Calif. (KABC) -- A Peeping Tom, a lewd act, and then a wild chase. A Mission Viejo husband chases down the man police say committed a lewd act in front of his wife.
Mark Green, 43, is in custody for a string of events that allegedly started outside a home in Mission Viejo about 10 p.m. Monday. Authorities allege a 28-year-old woman saw a man committing a lewd act.
"He was looking inside the window at her when she was inside the house," said Orange County Sheriff's Lt. Jeff Hallock.
Witnesses say the woman yelled to her 29-year-old husband, who then chased Green, jumping into the back of the suspect's pickup truck as Green sped off.
Neighbor Justin Wixson says he chased after them in his own vehicle after the victim's frantic wife came to his door for help. Wixson says he caught up with them about a quarter-mile away.
"They were going pretty fast, and the guy stopped because he was pounding on the back window to say 'Stop,'" said Wisxon. "The guy stopped, got out of the truck, and they had an altercation."
Wixson says Green assaulted the victim after forcing him out of his truck, kicking him while he was on the ground.
Green took off, but deputies soon after arrested him in Rancho Santa Margarita.
Wixson says the victim was bruised, but not seriously injured.
According to court documents, Green previously served time after pleading guilty in 1998 to evading a peace officer, receiving stolen property and disorderly conduct.
In Monday's case, investigators say the alleged crimes include indecent exposure, assault and kidnapping. Authorities are concerned there may be other potential victims.
"For a suspect to be that brazen, chances are that the suspect like this has done this before," said Lt. Hallock.
Green is expected in court Wednesday.
If you have information about the suspect or the case, contact the Orange County Sheriff's Department at (714) 628-7170.
arrest, orange county news, eileen frere
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 9 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- SEALS take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 20 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians