Orange County News
Laguna Beach bank robbery suspect found at bus stop
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect in a Laguna Beach bank robbery was arrested Wednesday after police officers found him at a bus stop, according to the Laguna Beach Police Department.
Police said they received a 911 call around noon from a bank employee, who told dispatchers that a man used a written note to rob the US Bank on the 300 block of Glenneyre Street. The teller did not see any kind of weapon, real or simulated.
Officers then set up a perimeter and searched the bank and downtown area for the suspect. Witnesses provided officers with the suspect's last known location and the direction he traveled.
Around 1 p.m., officers saw a man at a bus stop near the intersection of Jasmine Street and North Pacific Coast Highway who matched the description of the suspect, police said.
After futher investigation, police identified the man as Kyle Alan Veach, 24, and arrested him on suspicion of robbery. The stolen money was recovered.
orange county news
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 37 min ago
- Ex-couple found guilty in East LA bank robbery 8 min ago
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Lancaster man hit in deputy-involved shooting 5 min ago
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14