Orange County News
Laguna Beach bank robbery suspect found at bus stop
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect in a Laguna Beach bank robbery was arrested Wednesday after police officers found him at a bus stop, according to the Laguna Beach Police Department.
Police said they received a 911 call around noon from a bank employee, who told dispatchers that a man used a written note to rob the US Bank on the 300 block of Glenneyre Street. The teller did not see any kind of weapon, real or simulated.
Officers then set up a perimeter and searched the bank and downtown area for the suspect. Witnesses provided officers with the suspect's last known location and the direction he traveled.
Around 1 p.m., officers saw a man at a bus stop near the intersection of Jasmine Street and North Pacific Coast Highway who matched the description of the suspect, police said.
After futher investigation, police identified the man as Kyle Alan Veach, 24, and arrested him on suspicion of robbery. The stolen money was recovered.
orange county news
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 21 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Jefferson Park area stabbing suspect sought 14 min ago
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features 36 min ago
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'