Orange County News
Anaheim bank robber leaves device, flees on bike
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are searching for a bank robbery suspect who left behind a fake explosive device in Anaheim Monday.
A male suspect walked into the Bank of America branch at 1818 South Euclid Street in Anaheim just after 5 p.m. Monday. He indicated to a teller that he had a bomb and demanded money. The teller complied, according to Anaheim Police, and the suspect left the branch with an undisclosed amount of cash.
The suspect left the area on a blue bicycle. His image was captured from several angles by surveillance cameras.
After the suspect left, employees discovered a suspicious device, and believing it was authentically a bomb, contacted police. The bank and surrounding businesses were evacuated while a bomb squad investigated. Hours later the device was rendered safe and determined to be a realistic hoax. No injuries were reported.
The suspect was described as a man of Hispanic or Middle-Eastern ethnicity in his mid-30s, standing 5 feet 9 inches tall, weighing 160-170 pounds with a thin build, with pockmarks on his face. During the robbery he was wearing a black hat, dark T-shirt and dark shorts.
The Anaheim Police Department is seeking the public's help in identifying this bank robbery suspect. Anyone with information is asked to contact Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS, Orange County Crime Stoppers, or text your tip to OCCS at 24637. You can remain anonymous.
bank robbery, caught on tape, orange county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 37 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School 42 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video