Orange County News
Irvine hit-and-run crash: 2 hurt, 1 arrested
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- Two people were hospitalized and a man was arrested following a hit-and-run crash in Irvine Friday night, police said.
The crash happened around 10 p.m. at West Yale Loop and Stone Creek North.
According to Irvine police, a group of people got into an argument after a party. Officers say a man in his early 20s got into his vehicle, and as he was leaving, he drove toward several people and struck two of them.
Both victims were taken to the hospital after suffering broken bones. Their injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
The unidentified man allegedly fled the scene in his vehicle. Witnesses say he was arrested about a mile away. Police say the man is suspected of being under the influence at the time of the collision.
Authorities say they are investigating whether the crash was intentional or accidental.
hit and run, arrest, orange county news
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate