Orange County News
Irvine hit-and-run crash: 2 hurt, 1 arrested
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- Two people were hospitalized and a man was arrested following a hit-and-run crash in Irvine Friday night, police said.
The crash happened around 10 p.m. at West Yale Loop and Stone Creek North.
According to Irvine police, a group of people got into an argument after a party. Officers say a man in his early 20s got into his vehicle, and as he was leaving, he drove toward several people and struck two of them.
Both victims were taken to the hospital after suffering broken bones. Their injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
The unidentified man allegedly fled the scene in his vehicle. Witnesses say he was arrested about a mile away. Police say the man is suspected of being under the influence at the time of the collision.
Authorities say they are investigating whether the crash was intentional or accidental.
hit and run, arrest, orange county news
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Easy moves to keep hips strong and healthy
13 min ago