Orange County News
Huntington Beach bodies linked to Sacramento murders - police
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Officials have linked the discovery of two bodies in a Huntington Beach park to two more murders in Sacramento.
The bodies of two men were found at Bartlett Park in the 19800 block of Beach Boulevard at 12:51 p.m.
Officials said a passerby made the discovery and called police. Detectives believe the two men died of gunshot wounds.
The Sacramento County Sheriff's Department said they were informed by Huntington Beach police that one of the victims is 32-year-old Abraham Felmley, who was wanted in connection to a suspicious house fire in Sacramento on Monday that killed two men - Felmley's family members. The bodies of 62-year-old Dennis Felmley and his 84-year-old father were found in the burning rubble of their home.
The Sacramento Bee reports the victims were Abraham Felmley's grandfather and uncle. Felmley was a parolee with a criminal history that includes theft, felony explosives charges and domestic violence.
Officials said Felmley took a truck at the Sacramento home and headed south. According to deputies, Felmley got rid of the truck along Highway 152, carjacked a fisherman, and drove off in a green 1992 Toyota Camry.
The identity of the second person has not been released. The investigation continues, but police said they do not believe there are any outstanding suspects.
homicide investigation, body found, orange county news
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought 9 min ago
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 8 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 48 min ago
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis