Orange County News
Family injured after being hit by police-pursuit suspect in Santa Ana
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A family of four was taken to the hospital Wednesday night after being struck by a suspect vehicle in a police pursuit.
A Santa Ana police officer made contact with a male and female in a silver pickup between Cedar and Evergreen streets in Santa Ana. The driver was being pulled over in reference to a narcotics violation, investigators said. The driver then took off and officers gave pursuit.
The suspect vehicle crashed into another vehicle at Brown and Garfield streets and overturned.
A mother, father and two boys, 8 and 10, were in the stricken vehicle, believed to be a PT Cruiser. Both boys were hospitalized as trauma patients with non-life-threatening injuries. The parents sustained moderate injuries.
The male suspect had a significant injury to his lower extremities, police said. The female suspect sustained minor injuries and was taken into custody at the scene.
Authorities said the driver admitted to being under the influence of methamphetamine. He also admitted to being on probation.
car chase, car crash, pursuit, orange county news, amy powell
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest 28 min ago
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video