Orange County News
Family injured after being hit by police-pursuit suspect in Santa Ana
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A family of four was taken to the hospital Wednesday night after being struck by a suspect vehicle in a police pursuit.
A Santa Ana police officer made contact with a male and female in a silver pickup between Cedar and Evergreen streets in Santa Ana. The driver was being pulled over in reference to a narcotics violation, investigators said. The driver then took off and officers gave pursuit.
The suspect vehicle crashed into another vehicle at Brown and Garfield streets and overturned.
A mother, father and two boys, 8 and 10, were in the stricken vehicle, believed to be a PT Cruiser. Both boys were hospitalized as trauma patients with non-life-threatening injuries. The parents sustained moderate injuries.
The male suspect had a significant injury to his lower extremities, police said. The female suspect sustained minor injuries and was taken into custody at the scene.
Authorities said the driver admitted to being under the influence of methamphetamine. He also admitted to being on probation.
car chase, car crash, pursuit, orange county news, amy powell
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 25 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis