Orange County News
Silverado ranch shooting suspect arrested
SILVERADO, Calif. (KABC) -- A 22-year-old man has been arrested for allegedly firing shots near an equestrian center in Silverado Canyon that prompted an all-out SWAT response.
Tyler Tennigkeit was arrested and booked on suspicion of attempted murder.
Wednesday morning, he was detained and questioned at the scene of a traffic crash on Santiago Canyon Road not far from the Jackson Ranch Equestrian Center. Investigators say he was under the influence at the time.
Later that night, sheriff's deputies served a search warrant at his home next to the center and found a weapon, along with shell casings outside that matched the weapon.
No injuries were reported in the incident, but witnesses said they heard bullets whizzing by them and ricocheting off trees. When the shots rang out, deputies said a mother managed to help three people, believed to be children, leave the center. Seven to eight others, however, were told to stay in place at the center, officials said.
A motive for the shooting remains unknown. Authorities say Tennigkeit has prior narcotics and weapons charges on his record.
A woman who was in the home where authorities believe the shots were coming from was detained as a person of interest, but her role in the incident remains unclear.
shooting, orange county news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'