Orange County News
Huntington Beach man convicted for raping toddler
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 47-year-old Huntington Beach man was found guilty Tuesday of sexually assaulting a 4-year-old girl.
Gordon Ray Bodkin is accused of sexually assaulting the girl, who is a relative, while he was babysitting her. He was convicted of one felony count of unlawful sexual intercourse with a child under 10, and of a felony count of sexual penetration of a child under 10.
While babysitting the girl on August 9, 2011, the girl's father came home to find Bodkin in the act with the girl in the bedroom. Bodkin fled the residence. Bodkin was arrested four days later.
Bodkin has a prior conviction for residential burglary in 2009. He faces a maximum sentence of 55 years to life in state prison and mandatory lifetime sex offender registration. Bodkin is scheduled to be sentenced on August 30.
court case, sex crimes, sexual assault, orange county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- CA proposal: Kill switch for stolen phones?
42 min ago