Orange County News
I-405 South/ SR-22 East connector closed through weekend
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- The freeway connector between the southbound 405 and the eastbound 22 will be closed for 55 hours over the weekend.
The closure began Friday at 10 p.m. and was slated to end at 5 a.m. Monday.
The eastbound 22 Valley View Street off-ramp and on-ramp will both be closed during the same time period. Garden Grove Boulevard between Valley View Street and the northbound Valley View Street 405 off-ramp will also be closed until Monday morning.
Signs will be posted and the following detour is recommended for drivers:
- Exit the southbound I-405 at Westminster Boulevard East and continue on Westminster Boulevard
- Turn left (north) on Goldenwest Street
- Continue north on Goldenwest to eastbound SR-22
Crews will restripe lanes and switch traffic from the existing connector bridge to a newly constructed bridge.
The project is part of a joint Orange County Transportation Authority and Caltrans project. On average, 63,000 vehicles travel daily between the 405 and the Garden Grove Freeway (22), according to the OCTA.
For more information, visit octa.net/bridgedemo.
traffic delay, orange county news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 5 min ago
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 22 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office 44 min ago
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians