Orange County News
I-405 South/ SR-22 East connector closed through weekend
GARDEN GROVE, Calif. (KABC) -- The freeway connector between the southbound 405 and the eastbound 22 will be closed for 55 hours over the weekend.
The closure began Friday at 10 p.m. and was slated to end at 5 a.m. Monday.
The eastbound 22 Valley View Street off-ramp and on-ramp will both be closed during the same time period. Garden Grove Boulevard between Valley View Street and the northbound Valley View Street 405 off-ramp will also be closed until Monday morning.
Signs will be posted and the following detour is recommended for drivers:
- Exit the southbound I-405 at Westminster Boulevard East and continue on Westminster Boulevard
- Turn left (north) on Goldenwest Street
- Continue north on Goldenwest to eastbound SR-22
Crews will restripe lanes and switch traffic from the existing connector bridge to a newly constructed bridge.
The project is part of a joint Orange County Transportation Authority and Caltrans project. On average, 63,000 vehicles travel daily between the 405 and the Garden Grove Freeway (22), according to the OCTA.
For more information, visit octa.net/bridgedemo.
traffic delay, orange county news
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court 2 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Cold front moves across Southern California
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup
- Indio High student diagnosed with tuberculosis
- Abducted Palmdale children found safe
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found 4 min ago
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- Air zone dispute: US, China talk; no consensus
- NFL fines Steelers coach Mike Tomlin $100,000
- 'Curb Appeal' co-host killed in SF crash
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film