Orange County News
Santa Ana suspect killed in officer-involved shooting
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect was killed in an officer-involved shooting Tuesday following a foot pursuit in Santa Ana.
Authorities responded to a call of a disturbance in a parking lot near McDonald's at Harbor Boulevard and McFadden Avenue at about 3 p.m. An officer approached the suspect, which led to a short foot pursuit.
The shooting occurred outside a business in a strip mall near Harbor Boulevard and McFadden Avenue, police said. The suspect, whose name has not been released, was declared dead at the scene.
It was unclear what prompted police to open fire on the suspect. Police say the suspect was uncooperative, which was what led to the initial disturbance call.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, orange county news, eileen frere
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)