Orange County News
Santa Ana suspect killed in officer-involved shooting
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect was killed in an officer-involved shooting Tuesday following a foot pursuit in Santa Ana.
Authorities responded to a call of a disturbance in a parking lot near McDonald's at Harbor Boulevard and McFadden Avenue at about 3 p.m. An officer approached the suspect, which led to a short foot pursuit.
The shooting occurred outside a business in a strip mall near Harbor Boulevard and McFadden Avenue, police said. The suspect, whose name has not been released, was declared dead at the scene.
It was unclear what prompted police to open fire on the suspect. Police say the suspect was uncooperative, which was what led to the initial disturbance call.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, orange county news, eileen frere
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 1 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 30 min ago
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 37 min ago