Orange County News
Man's body found inside burned Cypress home
CYPRESS, Calif. (KABC) -- A man's body was found inside a burned home in Cypress Saturday morning. Police are now trying to figure out if the body is that of a suspect they were looking for.
Cypress police said the incident started at 6:50 a.m. when they received a call about a shirtless man carrying a knife in the area of Orangewood Avenue and Valley View Street. Officers said they arrived and saw a man matching the suspect's description running through Manzanita Park and into the backyard of a home in the 11000 block of Panay Street.
Police established a perimeter around the location and saw that one of the home's windows had been broken. Authorities believe the suspect may have broken into the residence.
A short time later, smoke and flames were seen coming out of the house. Orange County Fire Authority firefighters put out the fire through a back window.
Officers entered the home and found a man dead in the bathroom. He has only been identified as a black man, approximately 25 years old. It's not yet known how he died.
The residents of the home were out of town on vacation at the time of the incident.
Investigators are looking into the cause of the fire.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the Cypress Police Department's Criminal Investigation Bureau at (714) 229-6631.
fire, body found, orange county news, amy powell
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 1 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 12 min ago
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis