Orange County News
Huntington Beach suspect killed in officer-involved shooting
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- One suspect was killed in an officer-involved shooting in Huntington Beach Saturday morning. A second suspect is on the loose.
Huntington Beach police said an officer contacted two men in a vehicle at Glencoe Drive and Silver Lane around 7:45 a.m. The men got out of the vehicle and ran away.
The officer chased one suspect. According to police, there was a confrontation, and the officer fatally shot the unidentified male suspect. He was identified by a family member as 26-year-old Eric Marquez.
The officer was not hurt.
Police said a handgun was recovered at the scene.
The second man ran north on Sher Lane and has not been located. He was described as Hispanic, in his early 20s, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds with a shaved head. He was wearing black clothing. Authorities said he is wanted for questioning.
Investigators with the Orange County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Unit looking into the incident.
The Huntington Beach police officer involved in the shooting is a nine-year law enforcement veteran. The officer has not been identified.
Anyone with information is asked to call Huntington Beach police at (714) 960-8811.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, orange county news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown 12 min ago
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present