Orange County News
Huntington Beach suspect killed in officer-involved shooting
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- One suspect was killed in an officer-involved shooting in Huntington Beach Saturday morning. A second suspect is on the loose.
Huntington Beach police said an officer contacted two men in a vehicle at Glencoe Drive and Silver Lane around 7:45 a.m. The men got out of the vehicle and ran away.
The officer chased one suspect. According to police, there was a confrontation, and the officer fatally shot the unidentified male suspect. He was identified by a family member as 26-year-old Eric Marquez.
The officer was not hurt.
Police said a handgun was recovered at the scene.
The second man ran north on Sher Lane and has not been located. He was described as Hispanic, in his early 20s, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds with a shaved head. He was wearing black clothing. Authorities said he is wanted for questioning.
Investigators with the Orange County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Unit looking into the incident.
The Huntington Beach police officer involved in the shooting is a nine-year law enforcement veteran. The officer has not been identified.
Anyone with information is asked to call Huntington Beach police at (714) 960-8811.
shooting, officer-involved shooting, orange county news
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony 18 min ago
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre 9 min ago