Orange County News
Great white shark spotted near San Clemente Pier
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- People taking a whale watching tour in Orange County got treated to an unexpected treat when they spotted a great white shark.
The sighting was on Friday at 2:30 p.m. about two miles away from the San Clemente Pier.
Dana Wharf Whale Watching Capt. Chris Pica says the young great white was about 8 to 10 feet long. He also said sharks don't normally stick around when boats approach, but this one kept coming back for a closer look.
animal news, orange county news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 10 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 4 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know... 41 min ago