Orange County News
Great white shark spotted near San Clemente Pier
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- People taking a whale watching tour in Orange County got treated to an unexpected treat when they spotted a great white shark.
The sighting was on Friday at 2:30 p.m. about two miles away from the San Clemente Pier.
Dana Wharf Whale Watching Capt. Chris Pica says the young great white was about 8 to 10 feet long. He also said sharks don't normally stick around when boats approach, but this one kept coming back for a closer look.
animal news, orange county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 55 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 5 min ago
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis