Orange County News
Car slams into Fountain Valley business; 6 hurt
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- A car slammed into a business in Fountain Valley Monday, injuring several people and trapping some people underneath the vehicle.
Authorities say the driver of a 2011 Buick sedan crashed into The Tutoring Club in the 9900 block of Ellis Avenue at 12:27 p.m. Rescuers worked quickly to extricate two victims who were under the car.
A 32-year-old man was rushed to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries, and a 20-year-old man suffered serious injuries. Two 15-year-old boys and a 67-year-old woman were treated for minor injuries.
The driver, identified as a 76-year-old Peter Hauk of Huntington Beach, was also taken to a local hospital with minor injuries.
The force of the crash was so strong that the car reached the back of the building. The vehicle has been towed away from the scene, and crews were inspecting the building to make sure it's stable.
The tutoring club was in session when the crash happened. Parents with children inside were very shaken up by the crash.
"I'm just really shook up right now, because this is my son. He's all I have, and I'm all he has, and I'm grateful that he's fine. I hope everybody else is OK," said parent Abby Lopez.
The cause of the accident has not been determined. Anyone with information is urged to call the Fountain Valley Police Traffic Bureau at (714) 593-4481.
accident, orange county news, rudabeh shahbazi
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- Viewing to be held for LA police officer 1 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood
- Compton big rig crash leaves woman dead 51 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
32 min ago