Orange County News
Orange kidnap attempt claim turns out to be false
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 7-year-old boy's claim that he was the victim of an abduction attempt in Orange turned out to be a hoax, police said Tuesday.
The boy told police that he was riding his bike in an alley when a man grabbed him around 6 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of North Battavia Street. The child said he managed to get free while yelling out "stranger danger." He said the man was driving a white or silver minivan.
Police said they conducted an investigation and found the man, who worked at a nearby business in a warehouse. Investigators said the boy rode his bike into the warehouse.
The man got upset and said he was going to find the boy's parents and tell them what he had done, according to investigators. The boy reportedly begged the man not to tell his parents and then stormed out.
City News Service contributed to this report.
orange county news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks