Orange County News
Anaheim woman killed in fiery crash in Orange
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- A woman was killed Saturday morning following a fiery crash in the city of Orange, despite police efforts to save her life.
Officers pulled the 26-year-old woman from her burning car just minutes after she crashed into a sign traveling eastbound on Katella Avenue.
Investigators say the woman, who is from Anaheim, lost control on a curve, and ran off the road shortly before 4 a.m.
She was rushed to an area hospital in critical condition, where she died.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
No other vehicles were involved in the crash. The identity of the woman was not immediately released.
car crash, fire, accident, orange county news
- School bus crash: Driver, 2 kids hospitalized
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Justin Bieber detained at LAX upon arrival
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover