Orange County News
Woman's body found under Bay Bridge in Newport Beach
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The body of a woman was found lying face down under the Bay Bridge in Newport Beach Monday morning, officials said.
A couple walking their dog made the discovery just after 8:30 a.m.
"We received a call from a citizen just saying that she had seen something she thought looked suspicious with this body lying face down," said Newport Beach police spokeswoman Jennifer Manzella.
As police documented the scene where the body was found, detectives gathered evidence on top of the bridge along Pacific Coast Highway.
Investigators have not yet determined a cause of death or identified the woman.
This is a busy area for boaters, kayakers and paddle boarders. The sight was disturbing for those on the water during the Labor Day holiday.
"That's not good. I come by here all the time, and I mean it's kind of an unsettling thing that that's what happened," said Orange resident Austin Carroll.
Anyone with information about this case was asked to contact Detective Ryan Peters at (949) 644-3779 or the Newport Beach Police Department's hotline at (800) 550-NBPD.
body found, orange county news, eileen frere
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis