Orange County News
Westminster jewelry store owner shoots at robbery suspect
WESTMINSTER, Calif. (KABC) -- An attempted-robbery suspect fled a Westminster jewelry store as the owner fired a gun at him Friday.
Police say a man asked to see an expensive watch at the Tick Tock watch and jewelry store, then tried to run out of the store with the watch.
The owner gave chase and fired several rounds at the man's vehicle.
The suspect, believed to be armed, was able to get away.
The same owner last year shot and injured a man during a takeover-style robbery.
Westminster Police said Friday's suspect was described about 25 to 30 years old who is 5-foot-10 to 6 feet tall with a thin build, brown hair and was wearing a red polo-type shirt and black-rimmed glasses. He fled in a dark-colored car.
robbery, shooting, orange county news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area 54 min ago
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors