Orange County News
Irvine home burglaries suspect sought; sketches released
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for a burglary suspect who targeted two residences in Irvine. Police hope composite sketches of the suspect will lead to his capture.
On Sept. 2, Irvine police responded to a residential burglary in the 100 block of Berkeley Avenue shortly after 5 a.m. Authorities say the suspect entered the home through an unlocked window, but fled when he was confronted by the homeowner.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic or Asian man, between 5 feet 6 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall, with a thin build. He has black, well-groomed hair and brown eyes.
Investigators believe this break-in is likely related to a similar incident that occurred on Aug. 8 in the 500 block of Stanford Court, which is near the Berkeley Avenue location. In this case, officers received a report about a suspicious individual entering an unoccupied home through a window. An arriving officer was involved in a foot pursuit of a male suspect who was seen leaving the location but was unable to capture him.
Police released two composite sketches from descriptions from the two incidents.
Also, there was another incident in the area on Aug. 22, where a window was tampered with but no loss was reported. No suspect was seen and it remains unclear whether this case is connected with the other two.
If you have any information about any of these incidents, you're urged to contact the Irvine Police Department.
burglary, orange county news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Whittier police standoff forces evacuations 41 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing 25 min ago
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)