Orange County News
$200K+ worth of jewelry, stolen surveillance system recovered in Santa Ana burglary arrests
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men were arrested and jewelry worth more than $200,000 was recovered in Santa Ana early Tuesday morning.
Santa Ana Police said an officer observed a vehicle at 3500 Westminster Avenue with two individuals inside at about 4 a.m. Tuesday.
An investigation determined the two men had just committed a burglary at the Westminster Mini Mall on the 3400 block of Westminster.
A search of the vehicle revealed jewelry worth more than $200,000 and a surveillance system from the mall.
L.A. resident Jesus Garfias and Whittier resident Pedro Lugo were arrested and booked for commercial burglary.
A hole in the roof of the business was discovered during the subsequent investigation.
arrest, burglary, orange county news
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt 29 min ago
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians