Orange County News
Huntington Beach sexual assault suspect arrested
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A 19-year-old Westminster man was arrested Wednesday on suspicion of committing four sexual batteries in Orange County.
Mathew Linville was observed by Huntington Beach Police plainclothes officers working on the case on Wednesday. Officers noticed Linville matched the suspect description in three sexual assaults that took place on August 28 and September 13 in the area of the Bella Terra Mall.
Officers observed Linville enter a business, and after contacting the manager of the location, were informed he was an employee of the business.
A subsequent investigation determined Linville was connected to the attacks. Linville was then arrested at his Westminster residence at 4:40 p.m. Wednesday.
Evidence and statements connected Linville to all three attacks and a similar attack in Westminster, according to Huntington Beach Police.
Linville was booked at the Huntington Beach City Jail for assault with intent to commit rape and sexual battery and is currently being held on a $100,000 bail.
Police are seeking additional victims and ask anyone with any information to please call the Huntington Beach Police Information Hotline at (714) 375-5066.
sexual assault, caught on tape, orange county news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter