Orange County News
Anaheim robbery suspects ram undercover police SUV
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Three suspects were arrested after crashing their vehicle into a police unit following a pawn shop robbery Friday.
Two men and a woman robbed a pawn shop near Magnolia Street and Ball Road in Anaheim at about noon Friday, reportedly tying up the clerk and pistol-whipping the man.
The three suspects fled the scene in a van.
Undercover police officers in the area on an unrelated case responded to the robbery and attempted to stop the suspects. The suspects then allegedly rammed the unmarked police SUV. One officer sustained a minor injury to an ankle.
Jonathan Cephus, 33; Melvin Collins, 30; 31-year-old Jennifer Graham were arrested. Two handguns were recovered from the van.
Celso Palcios, the man who was tied up and beaten, said Graham entered the store first and appeared to text her accomplices. He said the trio stole $800. During the robbery, a neighbor had called 911.
The three suspects are facing charges of robbery and kidnapping.
A series of robberies have taken place at the same strip mall recently, police said.
"Luckily my neighbors saw them and called the police," said Palcios.
robbery, arrest, orange county news, eileen frere
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2