Orange County News
Anaheim robbery suspects ram undercover police SUV
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Three suspects were arrested after crashing their vehicle into a police unit following a pawn shop robbery Friday.
Two men and a woman robbed a pawn shop near Magnolia Street and Ball Road in Anaheim at about noon Friday, reportedly tying up the clerk and pistol-whipping the man.
The three suspects fled the scene in a van.
Undercover police officers in the area on an unrelated case responded to the robbery and attempted to stop the suspects. The suspects then allegedly rammed the unmarked police SUV. One officer sustained a minor injury to an ankle.
Jonathan Cephus, 33; Melvin Collins, 30; 31-year-old Jennifer Graham were arrested. Two handguns were recovered from the van.
Celso Palcios, the man who was tied up and beaten, said Graham entered the store first and appeared to text her accomplices. He said the trio stole $800. During the robbery, a neighbor had called 911.
The three suspects are facing charges of robbery and kidnapping.
A series of robberies have taken place at the same strip mall recently, police said.
"Luckily my neighbors saw them and called the police," said Palcios.
robbery, arrest, orange county news, eileen frere
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash 6 min ago
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway 3 min ago
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'