Orange County News
Sewage spill closes Cameo Shores Beach in Orange County
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A sewage spill has forced the closure of a stretch of Newport Beach's coastline to swimmers.
The closed area is Cameo Shores Beach near Milford Drive.
Orange County health officials say a blocked sewage line leaked 1,000 gallons from a manhole into the storm drain on Friday. All but 250 gallons have been cleaned up.
The area will remain closed until Sunday at the earliest.
orange county news
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 57 min ago
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 15 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker