Orange County News
Sewage spill closes Cameo Shores Beach in Orange County
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A sewage spill has forced the closure of a stretch of Newport Beach's coastline to swimmers.
The closed area is Cameo Shores Beach near Milford Drive.
Orange County health officials say a blocked sewage line leaked 1,000 gallons from a manhole into the storm drain on Friday. All but 250 gallons have been cleaned up.
The area will remain closed until Sunday at the earliest.
orange county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break