Orange County News
Sewage spill closes Cameo Shores Beach in Orange County
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A sewage spill has forced the closure of a stretch of Newport Beach's coastline to swimmers.
The closed area is Cameo Shores Beach near Milford Drive.
Orange County health officials say a blocked sewage line leaked 1,000 gallons from a manhole into the storm drain on Friday. All but 250 gallons have been cleaned up.
The area will remain closed until Sunday at the earliest.
orange county news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event