Orange County News
Laguna Niguel suspect killed by deputy identified
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. (KABC) -- The Laguna Niguel suspect who was killed after stabbing a deputy and two other people has been identified.
Officials say deputies responded to the 200 block of Chandon around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday and saw the suspect, 21-year-old Connor Zion, stab his mother and roommate.
That's when one of the deputies got too close.
"At some point during the course of the response, one of the deputies was stabbed by the suspect, and in turn, another deputy shot and fatally wounded the suspect," said Lt. Jeff Hallock of the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
Zion was declared dead at the scene.
The deputy, a seven-year veteran of department, suffered injuries in both arms. All three stabbing victims were taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Investigators have not said what sparked the violence. They say the incident remains under investigation.
deputy-involved shooting, stabbing, orange county news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area 27 min ago
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
33 min ago