Orange County News
Memorial service held for fallen Laguna Beach motorcycle officer
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- A memorial service for Laguna Beach Police Officer Jon Coutchie was held at Mariners Church in Irvine Friday.
Family and friends of the fallen motorcycle officer, along with law enforcement from across the Southland, gathered Friday morning to bid a final farewell.
Coutchie died Saturday in a motorcycle crash while on duty.
Coutchie's body will be flown to Yuma, Arizona, where he will be laid to rest on Sunday.
A Laguna Beach resident who asked to remain anonymous donated the services of a private jet to fly the body.
Donations to help defray the funeral expenses for the family are being collected by the Laguna Beach Police Employees' Association.
accident, car crash, orange county news
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 28 min ago
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India 36 min ago
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez's sexy new music video