Orange County News
Anaheim chase: 2 kids in car reunite with mom; dad arrested
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A mother has been reunited with her two small children after the kids' father took off with them and led authorities on a pursuit Friday night.
Authorities used spike strips to flatten all four tires, but the pursuit suspect just kept on going. Units finally boxed him in and forced him to a stop in Anaheim. That's when they pulled the two children from the back of the car.
Police say the domestic disturbance started on Thursday when the parents got into a fight and the man allegedly stabbed the woman. She was rushed to the hospital and released. Police say they got into another fight on Friday, and the man took off with the kids.
Officials spotted the wanted vehicle and the pursuit began. Authorities said they did not realize initially that the kids were in the car.
"When we first began the pursuit here in Anaheim, we didn't know if the kids were in the car or not. As they passed through intersections, officers were able to look inside the car and see what they thought were children inside the car. So we were very tentative in our approach here, concerned specifically for the children," said Sgt. Bob Dunn with the Anaheim Police Department.
No injuries were reported. The suspect remains in custody and faces several charges.
car chase, orange county news, q mccray
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 39 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds