Orange County News
Anaheim chase: 2 kids in car reunite with mom; dad arrested
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A mother has been reunited with her two small children after the kids' father took off with them and led authorities on a pursuit Friday night.
Authorities used spike strips to flatten all four tires, but the pursuit suspect just kept on going. Units finally boxed him in and forced him to a stop in Anaheim. That's when they pulled the two children from the back of the car.
Police say the domestic disturbance started on Thursday when the parents got into a fight and the man allegedly stabbed the woman. She was rushed to the hospital and released. Police say they got into another fight on Friday, and the man took off with the kids.
Officials spotted the wanted vehicle and the pursuit began. Authorities said they did not realize initially that the kids were in the car.
"When we first began the pursuit here in Anaheim, we didn't know if the kids were in the car or not. As they passed through intersections, officers were able to look inside the car and see what they thought were children inside the car. So we were very tentative in our approach here, concerned specifically for the children," said Sgt. Bob Dunn with the Anaheim Police Department.
No injuries were reported. The suspect remains in custody and faces several charges.
car chase, orange county news, q mccray
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break