Orange County News
Brush fire erupts near Laguna Niguel; no homes threatened
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters battled a vegetation fire near Laguna Niguel on Saturday, but no homes were threatened.
The blaze erupted shortly before 11 a.m. in the 29200 block of Camino Capistrano near Avery Parkway. The fire charred about 7.5 acres before it was fully contained at around 1 p.m.
Two helicopters, 10 engines and 75 firefighters battled the fire, which was burning behind Saddleback Church. There was no threat to the church or any other structures in the area.
fire, orange county news
- Report: Possible armed suspect in LA Times bldg 1 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat 13 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
38 min ago