Orange County News
Brush fire erupts near Laguna Niguel; no homes threatened
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters battled a vegetation fire near Laguna Niguel on Saturday, but no homes were threatened.
The blaze erupted shortly before 11 a.m. in the 29200 block of Camino Capistrano near Avery Parkway. The fire charred about 7.5 acres before it was fully contained at around 1 p.m.
Two helicopters, 10 engines and 75 firefighters battled the fire, which was burning behind Saddleback Church. There was no threat to the church or any other structures in the area.
fire, orange county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 57 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 20 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere