Orange County News
Brush fire erupts near Laguna Niguel; no homes threatened
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. (KABC) -- Firefighters battled a vegetation fire near Laguna Niguel on Saturday, but no homes were threatened.
The blaze erupted shortly before 11 a.m. in the 29200 block of Camino Capistrano near Avery Parkway. The fire charred about 7.5 acres before it was fully contained at around 1 p.m.
Two helicopters, 10 engines and 75 firefighters battled the fire, which was burning behind Saddleback Church. There was no threat to the church or any other structures in the area.
fire, orange county news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours 6 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 38 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 2 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 47 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq 10 min ago
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut 59 min ago
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks