Orange County News
Motorcyclist killed in Newport Beach crash
NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was killed following a deadly motorcycle crash in Newport Beach Saturday.
The incident occurred on Pacific Coast Highway near Prospect Street around 2:40 a.m.
Authorities said the unidentified man was killed when his motorcycle struck the center divider.
The motorcyclist was thrown into a palm tree and pronounced dead at the scene. His bike was found several hundred feet away from the point of impact.
Officials say no other vehicles were involved in the crash.
The crash caused the closure of all southbound lanes of Pacific Coast Highway and all but one northbound lane. The lanes have since reopened.
CNS contributed to this report.
car crash, orange county news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching 5 min ago
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US 40 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame 30 min ago
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis