Orange County News
Orange County robbery suspect being sought
LAGUNA HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- The Orange County Sheriff's Department is asking for the public's help to identify and find a suspect who robbed a Laguna Hills gas station.
Authorities said the masked robber held up a Shell gas station in the 23000 block of Lake Forest Drive around 4:45 a.m. Friday. Wielding a small black handgun, the male suspect demanded cash and fled, said sheriff's Lt. Jeff Hallock.
Investigators believe he may be connected to other robberies at gas stations and convenience stores in Laguna Hills, Mission Viejo and San Clemente.
"He always apologizes to the clerk," said Hallock. "We haven't heard from him in a few months."
The suspect was wearing all black clothing, black Converse shoes and black framed glassed over his mask on Friday. He is 20-22 years old, approximately 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs about 170 pounds.
Anyone with information was asked to contact Orange County Crime Stoppers at 1-855-TIP-OCCS.
City News Service contributed to this report.
robbery, orange county news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 32 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 30 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 20 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks