Orange County News
AT&T store in Laguna Niguel robbed; 2 arrested
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men have been arrested in connection with an armed robbery at an AT&T store in Laguna Niguel on Sunday.
According to the Orange County Sheriff's Department, two suspects stole a Toyota sedan in Laguna Hills and then drove to Laguna Niguel, where they robbed cellphones and iPads from an AT&T store in the 27000 block of La Paz Road.
Authorities say a silver handgun was used during the robbery. The stolen vehicle was recovered near the scene of the robbery.
The suspects, identified as Timothy Lavert Bates, 25, of Los Angeles, and Albert Fletcher Brown, Jr., 26, of Hillcrest, were tracked down at the Mariners Church in Irvine and arrested about 30 minutes after the robbery. The church was evacuated.
The investigation is ongoing. Police are trying to determine if there are additional suspects. Anyone with information is urged to call Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
robbery, orange county news
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4 52 min ago
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 37 min ago
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 21 min ago
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts