Orange County News
Buena Park police cruiser strikes, kills pedestrian
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A Buena Park police officer struck and killed a woman while driving in a marked black and white K-9 unit Saturday.
The incident occurred at the intersection of Stanton and Orangethorpe avenues just after 1 a.m.
Witnesses say Katherine Tinnell, 33, of Buena Park was not in a crosswalk when the marked K-9 unit hit her.
Tinnell was pronounced dead at the scene.
The California Highway Patrol is handling the investigation.
california highway patrol, orange county news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut