Orange County News
Woman struck by Buena Park police car was lying in road
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say a woman who was struck by a police cruiser in Buena Park was already lying in the roadway.
Police say a Buena Park Police Department patrol car was headed westbound on Orangethorpe Avenue approaching Oregon Street Saturday at about 1 a.m. when the officer noticed a body on the road.
The woman was identified as 33-year-old Katherine Tinnell.
"The officer had no time to react and struck Ms. Tinnell," according to a police report.
It's not yet known if Tinnell was alive at the time she was struck by the police vehicle. Police do not know why she was lying in the roadway.
The investigation is ongoing.
california highway patrol, orange county news
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills 47 min ago
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA hospital
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park 11 min ago
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting 34 min ago
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
22 min ago