Orange County News
Woman struck by Buena Park police car was lying in road
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say a woman who was struck by a police cruiser in Buena Park was already lying in the roadway.
Police say a Buena Park Police Department patrol car was headed westbound on Orangethorpe Avenue approaching Oregon Street Saturday at about 1 a.m. when the officer noticed a body on the road.
The woman was identified as 33-year-old Katherine Tinnell.
"The officer had no time to react and struck Ms. Tinnell," according to a police report.
It's not yet known if Tinnell was alive at the time she was struck by the police vehicle. Police do not know why she was lying in the roadway.
The investigation is ongoing.
california highway patrol, orange county news
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital 25 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 4 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 1 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks