Orange County News
Woman struck by Buena Park police car was lying in road
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities say a woman who was struck by a police cruiser in Buena Park was already lying in the roadway.
Police say a Buena Park Police Department patrol car was headed westbound on Orangethorpe Avenue approaching Oregon Street Saturday at about 1 a.m. when the officer noticed a body on the road.
The woman was identified as 33-year-old Katherine Tinnell.
"The officer had no time to react and struck Ms. Tinnell," according to a police report.
It's not yet known if Tinnell was alive at the time she was struck by the police vehicle. Police do not know why she was lying in the roadway.
The investigation is ongoing.
california highway patrol, orange county news
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 1 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped 43 min ago
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015 30 min ago
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts 28 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
17 min ago