Orange County News
Orange indecent exposure case now considered sexual assault
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Police in Orange say the indecent exposure case at a local Wal-Mart is now considered a sexual assault after the 13-year-old victim said the suspect not only flashed her, he also touched her inappropriately.
The incident occurred Thursday at the store in the 2300 block of North Tustin Street.
Orange police said the unidentified man exposed his private parts to the young girl and then fondled himself. The victim later told authorities that the suspect also touched her inappropriately.
"This suspect at one point actually rubbed up against the victim, which makes it an even more serious crime," said Sgt. Fred Lopez with Orange Police. "So now, instead of just looking for this male for indecent exposure, he's wanted for sexual assault on a minor under 14 years of age."
Authorities say the girl was shopping with her grandmother in the women's clothing section, when the suspect approached her several times.
A surveillance camera caught the suspect walking out of the store right after the young girl ran to tell her grandmother.
Shoppers were shocked that something like this would happen at their neighborhood store.
"This is my store. This is my Wal-Mart, where I shop all the time," said Livia De Los Rios of Yorba Linda. "I heard it on the news last night on Channel 7 and I was just shocked."
Police believe this may not be the suspect's first time committing such a crime.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic male, between 30 and 40 years old, approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall, with short dark brown hair. Authorities believe he was seen driving away in a a dark colored Honda Accord.
Anyone with information about this indecent exposure case asked to contact the Orange Police Department at (714) 744-7444.
caught on tape, orange county news, subha ravindhran
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back 27 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 8 min ago
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest 31 min ago
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video