Orange County News
Orange indecent exposure case now considered sexual assault
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Police in Orange say the indecent exposure case at a local Wal-Mart is now considered a sexual assault after the 13-year-old victim said the suspect not only flashed her, he also touched her inappropriately.
The incident occurred Thursday at the store in the 2300 block of North Tustin Street.
Orange police said the unidentified man exposed his private parts to the young girl and then fondled himself. The victim later told authorities that the suspect also touched her inappropriately.
"This suspect at one point actually rubbed up against the victim, which makes it an even more serious crime," said Sgt. Fred Lopez with Orange Police. "So now, instead of just looking for this male for indecent exposure, he's wanted for sexual assault on a minor under 14 years of age."
Authorities say the girl was shopping with her grandmother in the women's clothing section, when the suspect approached her several times.
A surveillance camera caught the suspect walking out of the store right after the young girl ran to tell her grandmother.
Shoppers were shocked that something like this would happen at their neighborhood store.
"This is my store. This is my Wal-Mart, where I shop all the time," said Livia De Los Rios of Yorba Linda. "I heard it on the news last night on Channel 7 and I was just shocked."
Police believe this may not be the suspect's first time committing such a crime.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic male, between 30 and 40 years old, approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall, with short dark brown hair. Authorities believe he was seen driving away in a a dark colored Honda Accord.
Anyone with information about this indecent exposure case asked to contact the Orange Police Department at (714) 744-7444.
caught on tape, orange county news, subha ravindhran
- Moorpark High on lockdown after threat made 17 min ago
- Rain, winds move into Southern California 2 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped 42 min ago
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis 46 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
2 min ago