Orange County News
Fullerton crash: 1 killed, 5 injured in multi-car collision on Harbor Blvd
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Eight vehicles were involved in a twisted traffic wreck at Harbor Boulevard and Valencia Mesa Drive in Fullerton on Thursday afternoon.
The violent crash happened around 4 p.m near St. Jude Medical Center. Fullerton police and medical personnel responded to the scene. At least one person was killed in the wreck.
Police say a man in a yellow F-150 pickup truck was seen speeding northbound when he suddenly veered into oncoming traffic, slamming into seven vehicles in the southbound lanes that were apparently stopped at a red light.
The pickup truck was upside-down and on top of an SUV just behind a mangled sportscar. A minivan, another SUV and several sedans surrounded the locus of the wreck.
The driver of the pickup, a white male in his mid-50s, was pronounced dead at the scene. Among the five injured was a man who is a paraplegic. His wheelchair was still strapped to the vehicle. Investigators say, amazingly, none of the survivors suffered any life-threatening injuries.
Police are trying to figure if drugs or alcohol may have played a part in the deadly crash.
Harbor Boulevard was closed from Bastanchury Road south to Brea Boulevard indefinitely while the investigation was underway.
Anyone with information about the crash was asked to call Fullerton police at (714) 738-6812.
traffic delay, orange county news, leanne suter
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot 1 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 28 min ago
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress 53 min ago
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysian plane search expands further 56 min ago
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14