Orange County News
Fullerton crash: Driver killed in crash identified, police say speeding to blame
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Police on Friday identified the driver who they say was responsible for a violent eight-car crash in Fullerton.
Fullerton police say 57-year-old Adrian Davis of Brea was seen speeding in a yellow Ford F-150 around 4 p.m. Thursday near the intersection of Harbor Boulevard and Valencia Mesa Drive, near St. Jude Medical Center. He veered into oncoming traffic and slammed into seven other cars sitting at a stop light in southbound lanes.
Davis died at the scene, Fullerton police said. Five other people were injured, including a paraplegic. None of the survivors suffered life-threatening injuries. Police say two of the injured motorists were able to walk themselves to St. Jude Medical Center for treatment.
Harbor Boulevard was closed from Bastanchury Road to Valencia Mesa Drive for an investigation and cleanup until about 5:30 a.m.
Fullerton police said Friday they know how the accident happened, but they do not know why. An autopsy will be performed on Davis to see if drugs or alcohol were a factor in the accident.
Witnesses described the scene, and some even jumped into action.
"I came out with some wheelchairs, I work here at St. Jude Plaza, and we came out and we took one of the gentlemen. The little car behind us said he saw the yellow car flying in front of him, and we took him across the street to the hospital," said witness George Sanchez.
Police are looking for more witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to call the Fullerton Police Department at (714) 738-6812.
traffic delay, orange county news, q mccray
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 48 min ago
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case 52 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week 17 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour