Orange County News
Fullerton crash: Driver killed in crash identified, police say speeding to blame
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Police on Friday identified the driver who they say was responsible for a violent eight-car crash in Fullerton.
Fullerton police say 57-year-old Adrian Davis of Brea was seen speeding in a yellow Ford F-150 around 4 p.m. Thursday near the intersection of Harbor Boulevard and Valencia Mesa Drive, near St. Jude Medical Center. He veered into oncoming traffic and slammed into seven other cars sitting at a stop light in southbound lanes.
Davis died at the scene, Fullerton police said. Five other people were injured, including a paraplegic. None of the survivors suffered life-threatening injuries. Police say two of the injured motorists were able to walk themselves to St. Jude Medical Center for treatment.
Harbor Boulevard was closed from Bastanchury Road to Valencia Mesa Drive for an investigation and cleanup until about 5:30 a.m.
Fullerton police said Friday they know how the accident happened, but they do not know why. An autopsy will be performed on Davis to see if drugs or alcohol were a factor in the accident.
Witnesses described the scene, and some even jumped into action.
"I came out with some wheelchairs, I work here at St. Jude Plaza, and we came out and we took one of the gentlemen. The little car behind us said he saw the yellow car flying in front of him, and we took him across the street to the hospital," said witness George Sanchez.
Police are looking for more witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to call the Fullerton Police Department at (714) 738-6812.
traffic delay, orange county news, q mccray
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating 33 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 52 min ago
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies 52 min ago
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)