Orange County News
Cypress man arrested for kidnapping, robbery
CYPRESS, Calif. (KABC) -- A 24-year-old man was arrested after kidnapping a female acquaintance, holding a box cutter to her neck and stealing her purse Saturday.
The suspect stole the woman's purse, held her captive and drove around Orange County with her for several hours before she was able to flee.
Police say Jeremy Roy Curtis Turner was known to his victim.
Turner reportedly met the victim at her home in Costa Mesa around 1 a.m. She then allowed him to drive her in her vehicle to a Cypress residence in the 9300 block of Valley View Street.
As Turner and the victim left the Cypress residence, he became angry and grabbed the victim's arm so she could not leave.
"The suspect then held a box cutter to the victim's neck and stomach, causing the victim to be in fear for her safety," said Cypress police Officer Paulo Morales.
Turner then drove the victim to various cities in Orange County over the next few hours.
He finally entered a Starbuck's parking lot in the 13100 block of Goldenwest Street in Westminster around 7:30 a.m. That's when, police say, the victim was able to flee and run into a nearby California Highway Patrol office.
CHP officers alerted Westminster police who were able to locate the suspect in the woman's car and take him into custody.
"The victim's purse was located in the vehicle and her money was found in the suspect's pocket," Morales said.
The box cutter was also found in the vehicle.
Turner was arrested on suspicion of kidnapping, robbery and a parole hold.
CNS contributed to this report.
arrest, california highway patrol, kidnap, robbery, orange county news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax 3 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured 19 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments