Orange County News
Cypress man arrested for kidnapping, robbery
CYPRESS, Calif. (KABC) -- A 24-year-old man was arrested after kidnapping a female acquaintance, holding a box cutter to her neck and stealing her purse Saturday.
The suspect stole the woman's purse, held her captive and drove around Orange County with her for several hours before she was able to flee.
Police say Jeremy Roy Curtis Turner was known to his victim.
Turner reportedly met the victim at her home in Costa Mesa around 1 a.m. She then allowed him to drive her in her vehicle to a Cypress residence in the 9300 block of Valley View Street.
As Turner and the victim left the Cypress residence, he became angry and grabbed the victim's arm so she could not leave.
"The suspect then held a box cutter to the victim's neck and stomach, causing the victim to be in fear for her safety," said Cypress police Officer Paulo Morales.
Turner then drove the victim to various cities in Orange County over the next few hours.
He finally entered a Starbuck's parking lot in the 13100 block of Goldenwest Street in Westminster around 7:30 a.m. That's when, police say, the victim was able to flee and run into a nearby California Highway Patrol office.
CHP officers alerted Westminster police who were able to locate the suspect in the woman's car and take him into custody.
"The victim's purse was located in the vehicle and her money was found in the suspect's pocket," Morales said.
The box cutter was also found in the vehicle.
Turner was arrested on suspicion of kidnapping, robbery and a parole hold.
CNS contributed to this report.
arrest, california highway patrol, kidnap, robbery, orange county news
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Budget deal: Liberals, conservatives grumbling
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Ukraine police stand down after protest grows 7 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million 26 min ago
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms 49 min ago
- OTRC: Demi Lovato's cocaine, alcohol confessions